We are looking for bright and enthusiastic team members who are excited about working on a project aimed at making the lives of Muslims easier. We are a start-up, so we need team members who:
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and can work towards long term goals
- Persevere because building a start-up company is tough
- Learn on the fly and feedback that into how they work
- Maintain a work-life balance because we may have to work long hours
- Display integrity and trust through their work
- Have a sharp customer focus
Tutor Relations Officer (TRO)
The TRO will identify individual Tutors, On-line Quran Service Providers and Communities with whom we should communicate to seed the Qutor tutor community. The TRO will proactively work to ensure that tutors can use our platform without problems to find new students and use our software to teach them.
- Identify and invite exceptional tutors to sign up on our platform
- Assist new tutors with sign up and profile creation and give an overview of the software to the tutor
- Review tutor profiles as they are created and suggest improvements to tutors
- Assist tutors with finding new students. In some cases it may be necessary to match students and tutors and get them to communicate on the platform
- Solves technical or billing issues by working through them with the tutor and requests resolution from the other teams, for example technical team
- Advises tutor on Internet connection/hardware/software needed for them to effectively teach on Qutor. Conducts test session with tutors to ensure the hardware/software they are using is satisfactory.
- Gathers feedback from the tutors using feedback forms so we can determine the features we need to build and what works well and what does not.
- Build partnerships with organizations that are already teaching online using Skype, to consider using Qutor’s platform as an alternate teaching medium and marketplace to reach new students.
- Organize conferences to which we invite potential tutors to make them aware of Qutor and how to use it
- Identify and build relationships overseas with people who can organize conferences in their respective cities and then assist them with whatever they need for conducting the conference including training and materials
Student Relations Officer (SRO)
Main point of contact for students. The SRO will develop relationships with new students and assist them with finding a tutor and monitor their progress to ensure the platform meets their needs.
- Identify and invite new students to participate in the launch.
- Assist students with sign up, tutor search and credit card set up etc. Match appropriate tutors with students if necessary and make recommendations so the student can start using our platform.
- Maintain contact with students outside of the Qutor platform to monitor how they are able to use the system and gauge their overall experience.
- Gathers feedback from the students using feedback forms so we can determine the features we need to build and what works well and what does not.
- Communicate issues faced by the students to the technical team so resolutions can be found.
- Solves technical or billing issues by working through them with the student and requests resolution from the other teams, for example technical team
- Advises students on Internet connection/hardware/software needed for them to effectively learn on Qutor. Conducts test session with students to ensure the hardware/software they are using is satisfactory.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Responsible for reaching out locally and across borders to our target markets where the CMO will market our services to potential students and tutors.
- Prepare a budget and marketing plan for Qutor’s roll-out globally
- Engage an agency and oversee the preparation of the marketing assets (Visuals, TV, Radio etc.)
- Determine the channels we will use for marketing, including online marketing via Muslim websites/Facebook, Conferences, TV advertising, Radio, Word of mouth etc.
- Build relationships with Islamic organizations which can help us reach target markets
- Approach and convince prominent scholars and other Muslim personalities who are trusted internationally to endorse Qutor via their social media channels. We will provide marketing material including graphics and text (prepared under the guidance of the Chief Marketing Officer).